One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Throughout the period since.‘she had lived alone ever since her husband died’
- ‘He arrived in Scotland as a refugee and has lived in the Glasgow area ever since.’
- ‘The pair met during World War Two at an East London youth club and have been together ever since.’
- ‘We peeled her up out of the mud, and she slunk off to the shed and hid under a bucket, and has lived there ever since.’
- ‘We met last summer in a city bar and had remained in sporadic contact ever since.’
- ‘The couple have travelled the world together ever since and began living together a year ago.’
- ‘Thanks to the largesse of the airline caterers, they have lived like kings ever since.’
- ‘She has been there ever since and insists she will remain until her daughter is freed.’
- ‘We have been campaigning for the bus lanes' removal ever since it was put there.’
- ‘Following its closure as a bank several years ago it has remained empty ever since.’
- ‘He introduced himself to me by the punch table, and we have remained friends ever since.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.