One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually with negative At any time in the future.‘I never have to set foot inside a classroom ever again’‘I honestly cannot imagine ever again working in an office for someone else’
- ‘Needless to say, I never talked to her ever again.’
- ‘I refuse to venture into my local occult store ever again.’
- ‘Now I'll never fall asleep in a cab, ever again.’
- ‘I see no reason to watch Indiana basketball ever again.’
- ‘All jokes aside, I'd be quite happy not to hear about him ever again.’
- ‘The man says he doesn't plan to be a candidate for any public office ever again in life.’
- ‘Richard does not want to see me ever again.’
- ‘I'm too scared to eat chocolate ever again.’
- ‘I hope their bland, tasteless products never pass my lips ever again.’
- ‘Then there'd be no need to go down the populist route ever again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.