One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The making of a judgement about the amount, number, or value of something; assessment.‘the evaluation of each method’count noun ‘an initial evaluation of the programme’
assessment, appraisal, judgement, gauging, rating, estimation, ranking, weighing up, summing up, consideration, assay, analysis, opinionView synonyms
- ‘Such different evaluations raise the question of the extent to which philosophy is open to the amateur.’
- ‘The specialist will review past evaluations and provide an update regarding a child's current needs.’
- ‘It all ends with oral examinations, evaluations, and a graduation ceremony.’
- ‘A companion paper to this study is a further evaluation of the entire examination.’
- ‘It judiciously employs evidence from extensive research combined with fair evaluations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.