Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a normally functioning thyroid gland.‘these hormones feedback on the pituitary, resulting in the desired euthyroid steady state’
- ‘This will help the physicians to arrive at an unequivocal diagnosis of thyroid function in patients having euthyroid hyperthyroxinaemia, euthyroid hypothyroxinaemia or euthyroxinaemic hyperthyroidism.’
- ‘Most persons with thyroid nodules are euthyroid, with less than 1 percent of nodules causing hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘The reference range for thyroid stimulating hormone, established from measurement in 29 subjects, was used to classify 22 euthyroid subjects as having subclinical hypothyroidism.’
- ‘A further case-control comparison was performed for the hypothyroid and euthyroid patients.’
- ‘At one year, if the patient is clinically and biochemically euthyroid and a thyroid-stimulating antibody level is not detectable, therapy can be discontinued.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.