Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a normally functioning thyroid gland.‘these hormones feedback on the pituitary, resulting in the desired euthyroid steady state’
- ‘At one year, if the patient is clinically and biochemically euthyroid and a thyroid-stimulating antibody level is not detectable, therapy can be discontinued.’
- ‘A further case-control comparison was performed for the hypothyroid and euthyroid patients.’
- ‘The reference range for thyroid stimulating hormone, established from measurement in 29 subjects, was used to classify 22 euthyroid subjects as having subclinical hypothyroidism.’
- ‘Most persons with thyroid nodules are euthyroid, with less than 1 percent of nodules causing hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘This will help the physicians to arrive at an unequivocal diagnosis of thyroid function in patients having euthyroid hyperthyroxinaemia, euthyroid hypothyroxinaemia or euthyroxinaemic hyperthyroidism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.