One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an organism) able to tolerate a wide range of habitats or ecological conditions.Often contrasted with stenotopic
- ‘Moreover, it is apparent that some taxa were eurytopic whereas others were stenotopic, similar recent ones.’
- ‘These subtropical and warm temperate taxa are presumably more eurytopic than their tropical counterparts, but do not exhibit range shifts in response to Neogene environmental change.’
- ‘Because of their geographic distribution, these genera should at least have been more eurythermal, if not more eurytopic, than the tropical corbulid taxa that did not suffer global extinction.’
- ‘Also as seen in graptolites, many of the taxa that were common during the Hirnantian were eurytopic species, high-latitude immigrants, or endemic, relict faunas.’
- ‘Such conservatism is usually seen in ecological generalists or eurytopic taxa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.