One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The economic region formed by those member countries of the European Union that have adopted the euro.
- ‘The bank said the current rates would help ease the risks it foresaw in the economic recovery of the eurozone.’
- ‘The fact that we are in the eurozone reveals the bald economic facts to our continental visitors.’
- ‘This is the wrong way round, since the US is growing much more quickly than the stagnant eurozone.’
- ‘Ireland continues to glow on the back of the eurozone's low interest rates and loose fiscal policy.’
- ‘However, 2002 is expected to bring better news for the eurozone as the economic factors begin to shift.’
- ‘The decision came amid worries about the economy in the 12-nation eurozone.’
- ‘The eurozone has grown more slowly than the US in three out of four years since the single currency's launch.’
- ‘The only upside of the economic slowdown is the chance that inflation will fall further across the eurozone.’
- ‘Sweden's continued exclusion from the eurozone is bound to come into sharp focus.’
- ‘Aggregate trends in the eurozone indicate that member state finances are deteriorating.’
- ‘Suggesting that Irish inflation may have a knock-on effect on the eurozone is fatuous and absurd.’
- ‘Most banks have produced guides for customers wishing to send money abroad within the eurozone.’
- ‘The eurozone's largest economy is in recession and looks likely to chalk up its fourth year of sub-par growth.’
- ‘We believe an economic recovery in the eurozone may lag the US recovery by at least six months.’
- ‘The eurozone is being hit hardest as the currency has weakened against the dollar, he says.’
- ‘It came amid signs of a slowdown in the tentative economic recovery in the 12-nation eurozone.’
- ‘Or else they will borrow the money in France, Germany or anywhere else in the eurozone.’
- ‘Despite having the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, we are not alone in experiencing a rise.’
- ‘Fuelled by the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, workers have been demanding higher wages.’
- ‘The eurozone slowed dramatically, and output has barely picked up this year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.