One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The economic region formed by those member countries of the European Union that have adopted the euro.
- ‘The eurozone's largest economy is in recession and looks likely to chalk up its fourth year of sub-par growth.’
- ‘We believe an economic recovery in the eurozone may lag the US recovery by at least six months.’
- ‘Sweden's continued exclusion from the eurozone is bound to come into sharp focus.’
- ‘Ireland continues to glow on the back of the eurozone's low interest rates and loose fiscal policy.’
- ‘Despite having the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, we are not alone in experiencing a rise.’
- ‘The eurozone is being hit hardest as the currency has weakened against the dollar, he says.’
- ‘Suggesting that Irish inflation may have a knock-on effect on the eurozone is fatuous and absurd.’
- ‘The decision came amid worries about the economy in the 12-nation eurozone.’
- ‘The only upside of the economic slowdown is the chance that inflation will fall further across the eurozone.’
- ‘Or else they will borrow the money in France, Germany or anywhere else in the eurozone.’
- ‘Fuelled by the highest inflation rate in the eurozone, workers have been demanding higher wages.’
- ‘Aggregate trends in the eurozone indicate that member state finances are deteriorating.’
- ‘However, 2002 is expected to bring better news for the eurozone as the economic factors begin to shift.’
- ‘The fact that we are in the eurozone reveals the bald economic facts to our continental visitors.’
- ‘The eurozone slowed dramatically, and output has barely picked up this year.’
- ‘The bank said the current rates would help ease the risks it foresaw in the economic recovery of the eurozone.’
- ‘Most banks have produced guides for customers wishing to send money abroad within the eurozone.’
- ‘It came amid signs of a slowdown in the tentative economic recovery in the 12-nation eurozone.’
- ‘This is the wrong way round, since the US is growing much more quickly than the stagnant eurozone.’
- ‘The eurozone has grown more slowly than the US in three out of four years since the single currency's launch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.