One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The high-speed passenger rail service that links London with various European cities via the Channel Tunnel.
- ‘The Eurostar's London to the south coast high-speed link is not expected to be complete until 2007.’
- ‘Modern Railways award for innovation in marketing: Eurostar, for new high speed services.’
- ‘All of the 27 Eurostars which operate regularly on the international services are being refurbished over the next year at a cost of just under £1 million each.’
- ‘Mr Brown said only two high-speed services were planned for the line: Eurostar and the fast commuter links from Kent to London.’
- ‘Even barbarians from London can board the Eurostar at Waterloo and emerge, blinking in the sunlight, seven hours later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.