One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person having a strong dislike of Europe or opposing participation in the European Union.
- ‘Interested UK punters are advised, generally, to use a filter to take out Europhobe - and for that matter Europhile - bias.’
- ‘But given that it was written by a rabid Europhobe, all this really needed was a touch of cosmetic surgery.’
- ‘The standard of information in the right-wing Europhobe press especially is getting beyond a joke.’
- ‘The Europhile and Europhobe press in Britain are both commending him.’
- ‘Goaded almost beyond reason by his Europhobe critics, he actually resigned the party leadership in May 1995.’
- ‘What ever position you come from, Europhile or Europhobe, the reality remains the same.’
- ‘He was never able to operate freely because Europhobe backbenchers held the balance of power in parliament.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.