One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is unsurprising, considering the US' historical links with Europe and the ancestral ties of the majority of its citizens to Europe, that the US' foreign policy tends to display a distinct Eurocentricity.’
- ‘There is a lot to be done in South Africa for the poor land-dispossessed people of this country, rather than for this diversionary game of homosexuals whose Eurocentricity has now completely gone eccentric.’
- ‘Their construction of a nationalist philosophical system that eventually served as an apologia for Japan's aggression can be traced to such an experience of Eurocentricity.’
- ‘In this climate of post-Cold War oppression and complacence, U.S. hegemony and Western Eurocentricity have deepened.’
- ‘Blatter has long sought to end the Eurocentricity of world soccer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.