One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having an equal number of all the chromosomes of the haploid set.
- ‘Aneuploid pollen grains compete poorly with euploid pollen and so aneuploidies are eliminated when propagated through the male.’
- ‘Within both groups, many plants possessed a genome content that deviated from the euploid parents by at least the approximate size of one chromosome.’
- ‘First, of the population of tetraploid cells that enter stationary phase, both euploid and aneuploid members can be rescued by starvation in water.’
- ‘The pilot study shows that in vitro grown and matured oocytes from preantral follicles that progress to metaphase II possess euploid numbers of chromosomes.’
- ‘When colonies are formed, the resulting cells tend to have euploid genomes derived from the aneuploid state by chromosome loss.’
Early 20th century: from eu- + -oid as in diploid, haploid.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.