One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A eucalyptus.‘I'm looking for a medium-sized quick-growing eucy’as modifier ‘the eucy oil industry’
- ‘Robbie started cutting eucy leaves in the 1960s as a means to support his family.’
- ‘A collection of vats, the remnants of a boiler and a crane, and a well dome indicate you have discovered the remains of a eucy oil distillery.’
- ‘I passed a guy harvesting eucy leaves a little further on.’
- ‘I know you are not a gardening chap, but you are real keen to get your eucy plant.’
- ‘I was wondering if is it safe to let budgies munch on fresh eucy leaves.’
- ‘They cut some eucy out of these hills!’
1970s: abbreviation of eucalyptus + -y.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.