One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- another term for Etruscan
- ‘The manuscript was the work of the secretary of the college of the Etrurian augurs.’
- ‘The Chinese have ten previous ages, and the Etrurians and the Mayas all report seven previous worlds, while the Polynesians and Icelanders have nine.’
- ‘Eight immense pillars supporting the dome are in two shades of yellow Etrurian marble, delicate and unmarked.’
- ‘He remained there, staring out over the Etrurian hills, where black storm clouds weaved their way in and out of the higher peaks.’
- ‘The architecture of the Romans owes its origin to their neighbours the Etrurians, who flourished in arts and science many centuries even prior to the European Greeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.