Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A flammable toxic gas used as an intermediate and fumigant.
- ‘An environmental pollutant and known mutagen and carcinogen in experimental animals and in humans, ethylene oxide is a widely used industrial chemical and sterilant of medical equipment.’
- ‘Sterilization systems employing steam and ethylene oxide are marketed to medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, hospitals, laboratories, and research institutions.’
- ‘A life cycle analysis includes considering the environmental and health effects from ethylene oxide on hospital workers, the hospital environment, and the environment as a whole.’
- ‘The process produces such key industrial chemicals as ethylene oxide, the simplest epoxide.’
- ‘For example, ethylene gas can be treated with oxygen to form ethylene oxide.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.