One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of sociological analysis that examines how individuals use everyday conversation to construct a common-sense view of the world.
- ‘These methods include empirical phenomenology, ethnomethodology, discourse analysis, conversation analysis, narrative analysis, and action research, among others.’
- ‘Where we most seriously diverge, it seems, is in Parsons' tacit acceptance of ethnomethodology, symbolic interactionism and future studies as the best means to understand these complex relations.’
- ‘I also think that ethnomethodology and conversation analysis could be successfully adapted to give us some unique insights into blogging as a social practice.’
- ‘Conversation analysis is a discovery-oriented, inductive approach rooted in ethnomethodology.’
- ‘An approach that is gaining increasing attention in the study of medical consultations is ethnomethodology and conversation analysis.’
- ‘if you actually are familiar with ethnomethodology, that would explain quite a bit to me.’
- ‘Crabtree and his colleagues show why this issue is important in their discussion of ethnography and ethnomethodology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.