One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the years following its initial introduction into sociology, ethnomethodological research split into two camps.’
- ‘The methodology of cultural studies provides an equally uneasy marker, for cultural studies in fact has no distinct methodology, no unique statistical, ethnomethodological, or textual analysis to call its own.’
- ‘This kind of thinking can also be seen in the work of Stewart Brand, Christopher Alexander and Kevin Lynch, as well as in the ethnomethodological work of Garfinkel and Goffman.’
- ‘Stylistically, this is not a dry ethnomethodological study.’
- ‘By using ethnomethodological and conversation analytic techniques, we analysed how psychiatrists and patients with psychotic illness engage with each other in routine consultations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.