One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The scientific description of peoples and cultures with their customs, habits, and mutual differences.
- ‘First of all, let's not confuse ethnography with anthropology.’
- ‘It's a clever way to get at the topic, a kind of ethnography of teenage culture that doesn't feel like a documentary.’
- ‘Integrating more of her ethnography would have added depth to her analysis.’
- ‘This book is an important contribution to Melanesian ethnography and anthropology.’
- ‘Franks was one of the founders of the scientific study of ethnography and increased the Museum's collections in that area exponentially.’
- ‘The ethnography of the first part of the book, while a contribution in its own right, provides background for the second part.’
- ‘This book represents good solid traditional ethnography.’
- ‘Traditional ethnography assumed that informants knew what was going on in a delimited space.’
- ‘This is especially evident in central Australian ethnography.’
- ‘While I enjoyed the book as ethnography I remained unconvinced at the end by the author's argument.’
- ‘For instance, there is anthropology's trademark practice of ethnography which entails both fieldwork and writing.’
- ‘Her ethnography is the result of more than a decade of fieldwork done in the 1990s in one of Rio's urban shantytown communities.’
- ‘I will leave something so grand as the future of cultural anthropology to itself, and stick with the predicament of ethnography.’
- ‘We have so much yet to learn from anthropology and ethnography, cognitive psychology, and, yes, even graphic art.’
- ‘We cannot avoid thinking about the overlap between being a tourist and doing ethnography.’
- ‘He supported research not only in the natural sciences, but also in anthropology and ethnography.’
- ‘I probably also thought that the drier and more academic my ethnography, the less likely the authorities were to object.’
- ‘The way these stories are laid out adds to the sense of Goldstein's ethnography as a novel.’
- ‘This very interesting paper cogently melds ethnography, history, and social analysis.’
- ‘This suggests that what we really need is a distinct approach to ethnography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.