Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a particular ethnic group.‘in 1945 the French and English were still the dominant ethnocultural groups in Canada’
- ‘Each chapter identifies relevant cultural variables specific to each racial/ethnic group, along with ethnocultural measures and their relevant psychometric properties.’
- ‘In addition, ethnocultural representation was considered.’
- ‘Both immigrant groups and national minorities are, in different ways, seeking legal recognition of their ethnocultural identities and practices.’
- ‘In this chapter I will focus on the claims raised by ethnocultural groups, such as immigrants, national minorities, indigenous peoples, and racial groups.’
- ‘The major cleavages are ethnocultural (Flemish speakers versus Francophones), philosophical (the church versus liberals) and economic.’
- ‘Huang proposes that practitioners conduct ethnocultural assessments focusing on specific sociocultural factors, as well as standard assessments, when working with culturally different youths.’
- ‘Social justice objectives have also featured centrally in the local activities and local organization of other social movements, such as those of ethnocultural communities, gays and lesbians and the disabled.’
- ‘In ethnocultural interviews conducted with Korean American adolescents by the authors, unpleasant racially based experiences were frequently mentioned as a part of their problems.’
- ‘Third, nutrition interventions that ‘empower’ immigrant women and ethnocultural communities should be promoted.’
- ‘Typical examples include the nation and language-based ethnocultural groups.’
- ‘Secondly, a description of international students can provide useful background information for counselors to develop culturally-responsive programs that operate within the existing values of the target ethnocultural groups.’
- ‘It is particularly important, when working with immigrant Korean families, to be aware of the family's beliefs regarding the helpfulness of various ethnocultural medical practices peculiar to Korea.’
- ‘Practitioners need to understand such ecological realities and ethnocultural dynamics faced by Asian American youth in order to engage them in treatment and help them more effectively.’
- ‘Their relationship to slavery, and native southerners' perceptions of that relationship, would impart to the South's ethnocultural relations a distinctive type of conflict not to be found in the North.’
- ‘The history of American labor movements during these years is a tale of both immigrant activism and ethnocultural struggle.’
- ‘She works with immigrants, refugees, members of nondominant ethnocultural groups, and a variety of systems, to build capacities and dismantle systemic discrimination.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.