One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cross argues that dismissing music as a useless frill smacks of ethnocentricity.’
- ‘This is not a matter of shunning that which you hold sacred - it is simply about opening the doors of ethnocentricity to allow in others whose views might differ from your own.’
- ‘My own attempts at avoiding ethnocentricity have been rather shaken up over the last fortnight, and I'd like to talk about it.’
- ‘How much more powerful is our ethnocentricity when we are faced with real individuals whose lifestyles, beliefs about disability, and child-rearing practices challenge our own deepest beliefs?’
- ‘Few people would deny that individuals vary in their level of awareness of their own sexism (or racism, ethnocentricity, or even anthropocentricity).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.