One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (something) ethical.‘ethicizing the struggle’
pontificate, sermonize, philosophize, lecture, preachView synonyms
- ‘Ruskin did not altogether fail to indicate how this concern to ethicize manufacture and exchange can go in an egalitarian direction.’
- ‘The holy will has only desires that accord with the moral law, and, hence, in seeking this ideal or archetype, the human agent must ethicize his desires.’
- ‘It had at its disposal a critical vocabulary so ethicized that it could endow its whims of judgment with an air of total authority.’
- ‘By naturalizing Ethics the school of Herbert Spencer reverses the idealizing process which rather ethicizes nature.’
- ‘The very title of his book was indicative of its intent not to ethicize the problem, but to treat it in a broader context.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.