One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (something) ethical.‘ethicizing the struggle’
pontificate, sermonize, philosophize, lecture, preachView synonyms
- ‘The holy will has only desires that accord with the moral law, and, hence, in seeking this ideal or archetype, the human agent must ethicize his desires.’
- ‘It had at its disposal a critical vocabulary so ethicized that it could endow its whims of judgment with an air of total authority.’
- ‘The very title of his book was indicative of its intent not to ethicize the problem, but to treat it in a broader context.’
- ‘Ruskin did not altogether fail to indicate how this concern to ethicize manufacture and exchange can go in an egalitarian direction.’
- ‘By naturalizing Ethics the school of Herbert Spencer reverses the idealizing process which rather ethicizes nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.