One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person addicted to the use of ether as a drug.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘As a rule, an etheromaniac is never cured except by the impossibility of satisfying his passion.’
- ‘It leads to insanity and death, and soon brings about marked changes in the temper and in the health of the etheromaniac.’
- ‘Etheromaniacs would get drunk quicker and sober up in a few minutes with no hangover.’
- ‘The habit spread across large sections of the population, and young women and priests were among the frequent etheromaniacs.’
- ‘I have seen an etheromaniac at forty-one a wizened, bent, decrepit, and tottering old man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.