One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person addicted to the use of ether as a drug.
abuser, userView synonyms
- ‘Etheromaniacs would get drunk quicker and sober up in a few minutes with no hangover.’
- ‘The habit spread across large sections of the population, and young women and priests were among the frequent etheromaniacs.’
- ‘I have seen an etheromaniac at forty-one a wizened, bent, decrepit, and tottering old man.’
- ‘As a rule, an etheromaniac is never cured except by the impossibility of satisfying his passion.’
- ‘It leads to insanity and death, and soon brings about marked changes in the temper and in the health of the etheromaniac.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.