One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which hydrolyses particular esters into acids and alcohols or phenols.with modifier ‘soybean esterase’
- ‘Cholesterol esterase plays a role in digestive lipid absorption in the upper intestinal tract, though its role in cholesterol absorption in particular is controversial.’
- ‘Growing carnation petals showed high activities of cellulase and pectin esterase.’
- ‘Carbosulfan is extremely toxic to mammals and its toxicity is mediated through inhibition of acetylcholine esterase, a respiratory enzyme.’
- ‘Cholesterol esterase was omitted from the assay to exclude intracellular cholesterol esters.’
- ‘Trichlorfon use is broadly based on its action as an inhibitor of acetylcholine esterase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.