One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural oil typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic odour of the plant or other source from which it is extracted.
- ‘So it doesn't make much sense to add quality natural essential oils to candles made of paraffin.’
- ‘The plant matter used in essential oil distillation imparts a wonderful aroma to the water.’
- ‘Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants to enhance general health and vitality.’
- ‘Quality essential oils are an important part of any aromatherapy programme.’
- ‘Citronella essential oil is the ingredient in the candles that provides this benefit.’
- ‘Sometimes, the hot steam or water used to distill an essential oil does not extract much natural oil from the plant or harms the precious natural oil.’
- ‘Combine basil essential oil with other essential oils to make perfumes and toilet water.’
- ‘These are a by-product of the distillation of essential oils and they smell slightly of their floral origins.’
- ‘Avoid buying essential oils in plastic bottles as the essential oil can dissolve the plastic.’
- ‘Pick mint early in the morning because the sun draws out some of the plant's essential oils.’
- ‘The distilled essential oil is colourless or tinged very pale yellow so it does not stain.’
- ‘They're produced when steam is passed through fragrant plants to extract their essential oils.’
- ‘It also is a source of antioxidants, and its essential oil contains high concentrations of thymol, once used as a topical antibiotic.’
- ‘Natural cleansers based on essential oils will not only cleanse the skin, but will nourish it at the same time.’
- ‘Droppers with rubber bulbs should not be kept with the essential oil bottle as the highly concentrated oil can turn the rubber bulb into gum.’
- ‘For instance, if you need a substitute for the essential oil of mandarin, the essential oil of sweet orange will provide a similar aroma.’
- ‘The hot water will release the essential oils in the plant material and make a wonderful relaxing ambience.’
- ‘Even though essential oils are completely natural, some can cause adverse side effects.’
- ‘Please note that this blend has a heavy concentration of essential oils and is meant to be used sparingly.’
- ‘This is because they contain the same essential oils as attar of roses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.