One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complete rollover in canoeing, from upright to capsized to upright.
- ‘I wonder if she's doing Eskimo rolls in that kayak.’
- ‘Some schools teach the Eskimo roll as part of basic training.’
- ‘Righting himself with an Eskimo roll, the 46-year-old real estate appraiser came up dripping and smiling.’
- ‘There is the possibility of flipping over with you harnessed inside, but that's what lessons and Eskimo rolls are for.’
- ‘They're generally wider and more stable than traditional kayaks, so if you flip one, you can easily scramble back on - no Eskimo roll is necessary.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.