Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The automatic correction of errors that arise from the incorrect transmission of digital data.[as modifier] ‘error-correction protocols’
- ‘Each device has a pipeline structure and uses digital error correction to provide good static linearity, according to the company.’
- ‘Listen to an audio CD with error correction switched off and you'll hear little more than hiss.’
- ‘The very first version didn't use any kind of error correction protocol, so it had a tendency to garble things up or crash.’
- ‘The other adds support for memory error correction and detection.’
- ‘The message payload is re-encoded to compute error correction encoded bits.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.