Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The automatic correction of errors that arise from the incorrect transmission of digital data.as modifier ‘error-correction protocols’
- ‘Listen to an audio CD with error correction switched off and you'll hear little more than hiss.’
- ‘The other adds support for memory error correction and detection.’
- ‘The message payload is re-encoded to compute error correction encoded bits.’
- ‘Each device has a pipeline structure and uses digital error correction to provide good static linearity, according to the company.’
- ‘The very first version didn't use any kind of error correction protocol, so it had a tendency to garble things up or crash.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.