One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act so that the least harmful of possible mistakes or errors is the most likely to occur.‘last year's boom was the result of a miscalculation, which erred on the right side’
- ‘I think I shall err on the right side in attaching even greater weight than he.’
- ‘He said a few people in the town felt the Government probably erred on the right side, but the majority were disappointed.’
- ‘The star rarely eats in, but when she does, she errs on the right side of healthy’
- ‘The film's magical, mythic undertones are combined with a gritty, sparse realism that means things always err on the right side of sentiment.’
- ‘His playing is assured, his lyrics err just on the right side of ‘sensitive’ and his voice is an emotive tool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.