One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To make matters worse, farmers plow highly erodible land - land too dry or too steeply sloping to sustain cultivation - to satisfy, the swelling demand.’
- ‘On well drained or highly erodible soils, residue left over the row will absorb raindrop impact, reducing erosion and crusting in the row and serving as a mulch to reduce drying of the seed zone.’
- ‘The initiative would allow landowners to make better economic use of their land, particularly of isolated and erodible land not suitable for agriculture or commercial clear-fell forestry.’
- ‘Piping is favoured by high infiltration rates, pre-existing cracks and voids, an impermeable sub-layer, steep gradients, and erodible materials.’
- ‘Much of Sellers’ ground is highly erodible, yet switchgrass flourishes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.