One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A postulated region round a black hole, from which energy could escape.
- ‘If we ever come across a black hole in the future, and provided we are sufficiently technologically advanced, we may be able to utilise the ergosphere of a black hole to extract energy.’
- ‘In a rotating black hole, the ergosphere is associated with the stationary limit, the location at which space-time is flowing at the speed of light.’
- ‘The ergosphere is bounded on the outside by the static or stationary surface, and on the inside by the outer event horizon.’
- ‘A global observer sees a region around rotating black holes, called the ergosphere, as possibly bending electromagnetic radiation according to a negative refractive index.’
- ‘Each quantum a heavily compressed package of that essential single substance, locked forever inside the tiny ergosphere that it created for itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.