One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Able to become erect.‘erectile spines’
- ‘Threespine sticklebacks are laterally compressed, fusiform shaped fish with three sharp, erectile spines at the forward part of the dorsal fin.’
- ‘Tadalafil relaxes the blood vessels and the muscles which are present in the erectile organ.’
- ‘This drug increases the flow of blood in the erectile organ which enhances the chances for a much better erection.’
- ‘Its blood-filled organ, encased in collagen, is remarkably similar in structure to the mammalian erectile penis.’
- ‘Also distinguished by their long, erectile, iridescent tail feathers, which they spread at every opportunity’
- 1.1 Denoting tissues which are capable of becoming temporarily engorged with blood, particularly those of the penis or other sexual organs.‘erectile tissue’
- 1.2 Relating to the capability of the penis or other sexual organs to become erect.‘men with erectile dysfunction’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.