Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Able to become erect.‘erectile spines’
- ‘This drug increases the flow of blood in the erectile organ which enhances the chances for a much better erection.’
- ‘Also distinguished by their long, erectile, iridescent tail feathers, which they spread at every opportunity’
- ‘Tadalafil relaxes the blood vessels and the muscles which are present in the erectile organ.’
- ‘Its blood-filled organ, encased in collagen, is remarkably similar in structure to the mammalian erectile penis.’
- ‘Threespine sticklebacks are laterally compressed, fusiform shaped fish with three sharp, erectile spines at the forward part of the dorsal fin.’
- 1.1Denoting tissues which are capable of becoming temporarily engorged with blood, particularly those of the penis or other sexual organs.‘erectile tissue’
- 1.2Relating to the capability of the penis or other sexual organs to become erect.‘men with erectile dysfunction’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.