One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The complete destruction of something.‘the eradication of poverty’
elimination, removal, suppressionView synonyms
- ‘The eradication of poverty is indeed today a vital condition for global stability, democracy and peace.’
- ‘Mullin understands the urgent need for education to lead to the eradication of these misconceptions.’
- ‘The aim of the research has been to optimise vaccine schedules for control, elimination, or eradication of disease.’
- ‘Spreading pecans encircled the house back in the Little Town, trees which received yearly pruning, faithful webworm eradications, and regular fertilizing.’
- ‘By 2020 I would like to see the eradication of the effects of poverty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.