One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The complete destruction of something.‘the eradication of poverty’
elimination, removal, suppressionView synonyms
- ‘Mullin understands the urgent need for education to lead to the eradication of these misconceptions.’
- ‘The eradication of poverty is indeed today a vital condition for global stability, democracy and peace.’
- ‘By 2020 I would like to see the eradication of the effects of poverty.’
- ‘Spreading pecans encircled the house back in the Little Town, trees which received yearly pruning, faithful webworm eradications, and regular fertilizing.’
- ‘The aim of the research has been to optimise vaccine schedules for control, elimination, or eradication of disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.