Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The class of all members of a set that are in a given equivalence relation.
- ‘One is what I call categorical, where a category defines an equivalence class.’
- ‘And if they don't, maybe there is another bound in this equivalence class that needs to be worked out.’
- ‘However he proved important results on canonical matrices as representatives of equivalence classes of matrices.’
- ‘In general, it is fairly straightforward to define an equivalence class for events with physical definitions such as plane crashes, shark attacks, and lung cancer deaths.’
- ‘Assertions had meaning in virtue of their verification conditions, and propositions were defined just as an equivalence class of sentences with the same verification conditions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.