One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The class of all members of a set that are in a given equivalence relation.
- ‘However he proved important results on canonical matrices as representatives of equivalence classes of matrices.’
- ‘Assertions had meaning in virtue of their verification conditions, and propositions were defined just as an equivalence class of sentences with the same verification conditions.’
- ‘One is what I call categorical, where a category defines an equivalence class.’
- ‘In general, it is fairly straightforward to define an equivalence class for events with physical definitions such as plane crashes, shark attacks, and lung cancer deaths.’
- ‘And if they don't, maybe there is another bound in this equivalence class that needs to be worked out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.