One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the constriction, a water-free space around the ion was always observed either equatorially or on one side.’
- ‘Most of these seeds are equatorially banded or truncate, although a few may have been rounded.’
- ‘Fruit were sectioned equatorially using a microtome blade to minimize tissue damage and to produce a smooth cut surface.’
- ‘I'm surrounded by blue arctic ice, but I'm deliciously, equatorially warm.’
- ‘The eyespot is observed by light microscopy as a bright reddish-orange spot located approximately equatorially in the cell relative to the flagellar pole and offset from the plane of the flagella by 45°.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.