One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An assistant professor in the applied physics and physics departments at Yale University has been recognized for ‘pioneering work on epitaxial complex oxide thin film heterostructures.’’
- ‘Amorphous, polycrystalline, or epitaxial films can be made with thicknesses from 10 nanometers to hundreds of nanometers or thicker.’
- ‘In prior strained silicon technologies, the silicon film is stressed through its epitaxial growth onto a relaxed silicon-germanium layer.’
- ‘A particular feature of this new process is that the N type epitaxial layer that is grown over the P + layer is only about half the thickness of its counterpart in the conventional device.’
- ‘It is plausible that the solid glass support, which is not flat on the molecular scale, will cause epitaxial coupling that affects the overlaying lipid molecules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.