One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Contemporary feminist epistemologists have pointed out how traditional philosophy's emphasis on rational, logical absolutes has devalued the ambiguities of the embodied life.’
- ‘It was sad for epistemologists, Hume and others, to have to acquiesce in the impossibility of strictly deriving the science of the external world from sensory evidence.’
- ‘Like most pre-Cartesian epistemologists (if it makes sense to use that term before Descartes), he is more interested in explaining the process by which we come to have knowledge than he is in justifying knowledge claims.’
- ‘This is not quite so straightforward an ‘empirical description’ as naturalistic epistemologists like to think.’
- ‘Nonetheless, many epistemologists argue that fundamental issues concerning skepticism and the nature of epistemic justification cannot be successfully handled by the resources of naturalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.