One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope, and the distinction between justified belief and opinion.‘what epistemological foundation is there for such an artificial discrimination?’
- ‘His famous essay on perspective was one of the first and most important attempts to show the epistemological links between art, science, and philosophy in the Renaissance.’
- ‘We see that epistemological realism is by no means forced on us by evident features of ordinary justification.’
- ‘Doubts about the authenticity of visual appearances, which mark seventeenth-century ethics, also prompted a general epistemological interest in what the eye perceived.’
- ‘Scepticism has been the dominant epistemological problem in the modern era.’
- ‘They defend an epistemological relativism and maintain that there are as many ways in which phenomena can be "constructed" as there are theories, paradigms or conceptual schemes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.