One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Microstylis and its relatives, although often growing on the ground, have pseudobulbs (probably indicating epiphytic origins) and thus are really semi-terrestrial.’
- ‘Dyssochroma belongs in the tribe Juanulloeae, a group composed of six genera of poorly known, rarely collected epiphytic shrubs and small trees distributed over the Neotropics.’
- ‘We conclude that leaf physiology has a greater impact on plant carbon gain than leaf and plant morphology in this epiphytic bromeliad.’
- ‘The evolution of pollination strategies in epiphytic flowering plants have been strongly influenced by their habitat and spatial distribution.’
- ‘The lowest water permeabilities were observed with evergreen leaves from epiphytic or climbing plants naturally growing in a tropical climate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.