One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fluorescence of an object in an optical microscope when irradiated from the viewing side.
- ‘The background noise is thus small compared to the background signal, which presumably comes predominantly from stray light in the incident epifluorescence portion of the microscope.’
- ‘Using traditional epifluorescence microscopy, the fluorescence intensity profile can be measured at a particular distance downstream.’
- ‘For quantification and microphotography, dye filling was evaluated using a Zeiss Standard microscope equipped with epifluorescence.’
- ‘The structural dynamics of pulmonary surfactant was studied by epifluorescence light microscopy at the air-water interface of a bubble as a model close to nature for an alveolus.’
- ‘Animals were allowed to age and were photographed using both Nomarski optics and epifluorescence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.