One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fluorescence of an object in an optical microscope when irradiated from the viewing side.
- ‘Using traditional epifluorescence microscopy, the fluorescence intensity profile can be measured at a particular distance downstream.’
- ‘Animals were allowed to age and were photographed using both Nomarski optics and epifluorescence.’
- ‘The structural dynamics of pulmonary surfactant was studied by epifluorescence light microscopy at the air-water interface of a bubble as a model close to nature for an alveolus.’
- ‘For quantification and microphotography, dye filling was evaluated using a Zeiss Standard microscope equipped with epifluorescence.’
- ‘The background noise is thus small compared to the background signal, which presumably comes predominantly from stray light in the incident epifluorescence portion of the microscope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.