One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of medicine which deals with the incidence, distribution, and control of diseases.‘epidemiological studies of the effect of pesticides on humans’
- ‘USDA has initiated an epidemiological investigation to determine the animal's herd of origin.’
- ‘Evidence from epidemiological studies seems to show consistently that intake of dietary fat and meat is positively related to risk of colorectal cancer.’
- ‘A 1993 epidemiological study found the town's residents suffered higher rates of cancer than the state average.’
- ‘One consequence of epidemiological research into the contribution of lifestyle factors to cancer risk has been to blame the individual who develops cancer.’
- ‘However, epidemiological evidence suggests that trans fats account for about 100,000 premature deaths from cardiological disease in the United States each year.’
- ‘Furthermore, epidemiologic data in presymptomatic individuals with longitudinal follow-up are not well-established.’
- ‘The increasing direct epidemiological evidence that relates insulin-like growth factor-I to the risk of cancer is consistent with more circumstantial evidence.’
- ‘Evidence from epidemiological studies is strong that men with high occupational or recreational physical activity seem to have a decreased risk of colon cancer.’
- ‘The authors also cited a dozen previous epidemiologic studies associating vitamin C with a protective effect.’
- ‘Epidemiological studies, for example, can help to identify factors contributing to particular human diseases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.