One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A painful inflammation of tendons surrounding an epicondyle; tennis elbow.
- ‘Every year approximately four of every 1,000 adults has a problem with tennis elbow, or painful lateral epicondylitis.’
- ‘Clinical projects also include the use of extracorporeal shock wave therapy for epicondylitis and calcific tendinitis and navigation-assisted surgery.’
- ‘Lateral epicondylitis, more commonly known as tennis elbow, has an annual incidence of 1 to 3 percent in the general population.’
- ‘The pathologic process of epicondylitis involves chronic degenerative changes of the tendons at the region of the respective epicondyles.’
- ‘The current best practice management for lateral epicondylitis involves a graduated tendon rehabilitation program that begins with relative rest of the injured tendon through avoidance of aggravating activities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.