One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of the novel's characters seem to command large salaries working in the media, computer programming, advertising - jobs in which ephemerality is king, work and play melt into each other and play is the bit that matters.’
- ‘Thus the desert represented for him both the fullness and the emptiness of eternity; and Alexandria, the city on the desert, was a symbol for the ephemerality of civilization itself.’
- ‘He has crafted a plot based on the principle of ephemerality, of transience, of allowing a dream to exist only to have it withdrawn.’
- ‘There are many passages in which Woolf seems concerned to indicate the simultaneous stasis and ephemerality of the moment through a concentrated documentation of sounds and overheard voices.’
- ‘The technological ephemerality of this medium means that we will not have the luxury of stumbling across these intimate mementoes in 100 years' time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.