One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A province of the Orthodox Church.
- ‘It is the first report card on how each U.S. diocese or eparchy is carrying out the bishops' 2002 Charter.’
- ‘Of the 195 U.S. dioceses and eparchies (Eastern Rite dioceses), 194 took part in the audit and 181 participated in the survey.’
- ‘I'm a bit surprised that this stuff is tolerated in a Byzantine rite eparchy.’
- ‘Excavations have uncovered a Catholic monastery dating back to the 15th - 17th centuries, which was the seat of Sofia's Catholic eparchy at that time.’
- ‘Seven dioceses and eparchies, which are dioceses of the Eastern Catholic Churches, were not in compliance by year's end.’
Late 18th century: from Greek eparkhia, from eparkhos (see eparch).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.