Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of biochemistry concerned with enzymes.
- ‘Nonaqueous enzymology is nowadays an active area of work, having matured to a point where, besides its large implications in basic protein science, it has an important impact in biotechnology, from where grew its roots.’
- ‘It's a property known as ‘promiscuity’, one that's being increasingly recognized as important in enzymology and enzyme evolution.’
- ‘Our technical approach combines proprietary advances in synthetic chemistry, surface chemistry, molecular biology, enzymology, array technology and optics.’
- ‘Several excellent recent reviews cover different aspects of the biochemistry and enzymology of glycine decarboxylation and its relation to plant metabolism.’
- ‘A notable exception is the study of nonaqueous enzymology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.