One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Concern about and action aimed at protecting the environment.‘he claims to embrace modern environmentalism and an ecological approach’
- ‘The initiative is a good start toward achieving a more responsible and sustainable blend of the best impulses underpinning both forestry and environmentalism.’
- ‘Retailers continue to prove that agriculturalists work on their environmentalism every day.’
- ‘Voters appreciate some interest from candidates on environmental issues, but they are wary of candidates who are perceived as being too narrowly focused on environmentalism.’
- ‘They have not incorporated the concerns or lessons of environmentalism or preservation into their plans.’
- ‘The idea of environmentalism being a luxury is supported by the observation that countries with the strongest environmental movements tend also to be the richest economically.’
2The theory that environment, as opposed to heredity, has the primary influence on the development of a person or group.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.