One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘For many years I have watched the rise of Ireland as an enviably vigorous European country, able to boast artistic and entrepreneurial talents in equal measure,’ he said last week.’
- ‘From set, lighting, and sound design to the acting of even subsidiary roles, this production set an enviably high standard that made what could have been merely a museum piece into a vibrant bit of comic irony and social satire.’
- ‘But this isn't scepticism, more a kind of amazement that people who are enviably elegant and desirable when conducting love affairs on screen are so horribly bad at acting out their affairs in real life.’
- ‘The luxury-hotel chain has built its reputation on enviably slick urban properties, but, in keeping with the trend to ‘cocoon’ on holiday, the company is branching out into hideaway resorts.’
- ‘Even those whom we find enviably attractive frequently find no pleasure in themselves: they feel with relief but also with scorn, that they might have convinced the rest of us, but they know better than to be convinced themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.