One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Through such envelopments, a commander could create kessels and systematically destroy an encircled enemy force.’
- ‘The manual, returning to key concepts from late - 19 th-century German military thought, promoted the superiority of the offensive and underscored the advantages of envelopments, particularly when combined with frontal assaults.’
- ‘At another point, he notes that he has been treating the ‘interplay of the ethical and the aesthetic as a series of envelopments and overlappings whereby now the one field, now the other achieves dominance’.’
- ‘Suddenly, with flight, securing the flanks did not guarantee the security of the rear area, and though vertical envelopments took time to perfect, they were possible.’
- ‘So there is an envelopment of law around the exercise of these tribunals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.