One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Through such envelopments, a commander could create kessels and systematically destroy an encircled enemy force.’
- ‘At another point, he notes that he has been treating the ‘interplay of the ethical and the aesthetic as a series of envelopments and overlappings whereby now the one field, now the other achieves dominance’.’
- ‘So there is an envelopment of law around the exercise of these tribunals.’
- ‘The manual, returning to key concepts from late - 19 th-century German military thought, promoted the superiority of the offensive and underscored the advantages of envelopments, particularly when combined with frontal assaults.’
- ‘Suddenly, with flight, securing the flanks did not guarantee the security of the rear area, and though vertical envelopments took time to perfect, they were possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.