One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of intercom at the entrance to a building by which visitors are required to identify themselves before the door is unlocked by an internal device.
- ‘We are making major improvements to the entryphone system and repairing the car park lighting.’
- ‘Yet on none of these occasions has the video screen of my entryphone flickered into life.’
- ‘Police say they believe the intruders rang the entryphone at the main door and one of the residents let them in.’
- ‘Still thinking that all this stuff would soon go away on Sunday afternoon, the doorbell rang and a voice on my entryphone said ‘Hello, I'm from the national press.’’
- ‘She added the broken entryphone system had been reported for repair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.