One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of intercom at the entrance to a building by which visitors are required to identify themselves before the door is unlocked by an internal device.
- ‘Police say they believe the intruders rang the entryphone at the main door and one of the residents let them in.’
- ‘She added the broken entryphone system had been reported for repair.’
- ‘We are making major improvements to the entryphone system and repairing the car park lighting.’
- ‘Still thinking that all this stuff would soon go away on Sunday afternoon, the doorbell rang and a voice on my entryphone said ‘Hello, I'm from the national press.’’
- ‘Yet on none of these occasions has the video screen of my entryphone flickered into life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.