One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wound made by a bullet or other missile at the point where it entered the body.
- ‘Examination showed a full thickness corneal entry wound and a foreign body in the lens.’
- ‘Whether the game is at 30 or 500 yards, it never fails to create an ample entry wound and penetrate bone, muscle and hide.’
- ‘It was not done with a gun - the exit wounds are identical in size to the entry wounds, which would not happen with a bullet.’
- ‘There were two entry wounds, both several centimeters to the right of the spine.’
- ‘Bleeding from a dozen entry wounds, the old figure sat back in his chair, eyes open in shock.’
- ‘We can trace the impact of the drug from entry wound to final destination.’
- ‘In the report, he is said to have ‘noticed a hole, that he assumed was the bullet's exit wound’, but he could not find an entry wound.’
- ‘And you could see in the back here, there was an opening about the size of a quarter, which was clearly a bullet entry wound.’
- ‘There were nineteen entry wounds, and I guess there were signs of a struggle too.’
- ‘He felt along his body for an entry wound, but didn't find one.’
- ‘The Navy Corpsman dressed my entry wound, but didn't know I had an exit wound, so I was bleeding-out fast.’
- ‘This was absolutely consistent with the time it takes a human body to spin away from danger to it, and with the buckshot pattern entry wounds found on him.’
- ‘There's also a scar right here from an operation they did, and there's an entrance and entry wound here on the left side of my ankle, and an exit wound right here.’
- ‘The entry wound was a circular site, with incisions leading from it in two directions.’
- ‘‘I'll help you, friend,’ he gasped, clenching his bruised chest, where an entry wound lay.’
- ‘There was a small entry wound, and the bullet got lodged in the hand.’
- ‘The entry wounds were 133 centimetres above the heels and the exit wounds 139 centimetres above the heels, so they were slightly upwards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.