One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wound made by a bullet or other missile at the point where it entered the body.
- ‘This was absolutely consistent with the time it takes a human body to spin away from danger to it, and with the buckshot pattern entry wounds found on him.’
- ‘Whether the game is at 30 or 500 yards, it never fails to create an ample entry wound and penetrate bone, muscle and hide.’
- ‘He felt along his body for an entry wound, but didn't find one.’
- ‘Examination showed a full thickness corneal entry wound and a foreign body in the lens.’
- ‘The Navy Corpsman dressed my entry wound, but didn't know I had an exit wound, so I was bleeding-out fast.’
- ‘There were two entry wounds, both several centimeters to the right of the spine.’
- ‘‘I'll help you, friend,’ he gasped, clenching his bruised chest, where an entry wound lay.’
- ‘Bleeding from a dozen entry wounds, the old figure sat back in his chair, eyes open in shock.’
- ‘The entry wounds were 133 centimetres above the heels and the exit wounds 139 centimetres above the heels, so they were slightly upwards.’
- ‘There's also a scar right here from an operation they did, and there's an entrance and entry wound here on the left side of my ankle, and an exit wound right here.’
- ‘There was a small entry wound, and the bullet got lodged in the hand.’
- ‘We can trace the impact of the drug from entry wound to final destination.’
- ‘And you could see in the back here, there was an opening about the size of a quarter, which was clearly a bullet entry wound.’
- ‘The entry wound was a circular site, with incisions leading from it in two directions.’
- ‘It was not done with a gun - the exit wounds are identical in size to the entry wounds, which would not happen with a bullet.’
- ‘In the report, he is said to have ‘noticed a hole, that he assumed was the bullet's exit wound’, but he could not find an entry wound.’
- ‘There were nineteen entry wounds, and I guess there were signs of a struggle too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.