Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An application form for a competition.
contestant, competitor, contender, challenger, entrant, participant, player, candidate, applicantView synonyms
- ‘All photographs must be accompanied by the official entry form, which will be published for three weeks.’
- ‘Interested persons are required to enter the competition by submitting an entry form.’
- ‘Anyone yet to enter this year's competition can still get an entry form before next week's closing date.’
- ‘A new entry form and token will be published in tomorrow's Evening Press.’
- ‘To enter the competition, simply visit the website and complete the online entry form.’
- ‘The official entry form will be available in the paper shortly.’
- ‘A completed entry form must accompany entries and there should be only one submission per person.’
- ‘Upon opening a door, the guest will receive an entry form for the official drawing associated with that room type.’
- ‘You can your own question in the entry form at the bottom of the main page.’
- ‘The pub will also be doing street promotions where vouchers for a free drink will be handed out, which doubles as an entry form.’
- ‘Entering is easy, and farmers could even attach their entry level stewardship application to the entry form to save time.’
- ‘The entry form for this year's tidy towns' competition needs to be completed, so a full attendance is expected.’
- ‘An entry form will be printed in the Evening Advertiser every day this week.’
- ‘The competition entry form and guidelines will be provided to eligible entrants in the winning student's pack.’
- ‘For example, I found an entry form for a competition in my trouser pockets today.’
- ‘Anyone who has not participated previously and has not received an entry form is welcome to join in the sponsored run by turning up on the day.’
- ‘To enter the Sri Lanka holiday competition you will need to complete an entry form at any one of the games.’
- ‘In addition, every review warrants an entry form for the program's grand prize: a DVD player.’
- ‘To enter, answer the simple question on the entry form opposite and return it to us.’
- ‘All you need to do is answer the two questions on the entry form on the facing page.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.