Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by the taking of financial risks in the hope of profit; enterprising.‘an entrepreneurial culture’‘our entrepreneurial spirit thrives on meeting the next challenge’
- ‘Their peers ranked them top for generating ideas, entrepreneurial endeavour and creative thinking.’
- ‘More flexible labour laws are also vital in growing the entrepreneurial spirit.’
- ‘At the same time this comfort zone kills entrepreneurial spirit and creativity.’
- ‘He would also like to see more of an entrepreneurial spirit and better opportunities for starting small businesses.’
- ‘I refer to the very low levels of the availability of private equity which tends to neuter any entrepreneurial ambition.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.