One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such a weight of tradition and entrenchment in the country's constitutional life should not be ditched lightly, say opponents of the reforms.’
- ‘This paradigm, he argued, is expressed through the expansion of financial markets, the entrenchment of a short-term business perspective, and a flawed belief that the business world is riven with complexity and uncertainty.’
- ‘It was dark when we entered the entrenchments which now surrounded the camp.’
- ‘Consequently, naval barrages were fired on a flat trajectory that was unsuitable for reducing Turkish entrenchments.’
- ‘‘To attempt to fight the enemy slowly back to his intrenchments in Richmond… is an idea I have been trying to repudiate for quite a year,’ wrote Lincoln in September 1863.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.