One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for entry wound
- ‘The entrance wound of the bullet was just above the right acromion process, but there was no exit wound.’
- ‘A foreign body usually presents with a history of trauma and an entrance wound that will not heal.’
- ‘He cut away the Marine's shirt and looked for entrance and exit wounds; he found only an entrance wound.’
- ‘Then they found the entrance wound, and that surprised me because I didn't think he had been shot.’
- ‘With shots fired at a close range to the victim, a heavy concentration of smoke-like, vaporous lead surrounds the entrance wound, and scorch marks from the flame discharge are visible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.